During Year 1, our focus has been to do the strategic planning for the project, determine the digital literacy needs in three regions in Illinois, develop the digital literacy programming for workshops and programs, expanded capacity for instruction through training of the DILP team, design and set-up the mobile technology labs, identify and develop relationships with key stakeholders in each region, and explore opportunities to sustain the project with local stakeholders.
To date, we have accomplished:
- Served over 1,000 youth with direct education or training through events or summer camps incorporating digital literacy
- Reached over 90 public officials through digital literacy presentations or webinars
- Held initial conversations with over 80 educators on how to build capacity around digital literacy in their local community
- Built capacity within our DILP team through weekly meetings, attendance at the Extension Annual Conference, and team retreats
- Presented about DILP to over 1,000 people at various research oriented or practitioner oriented conferences and events
For more specifics detailing the work of our Digital Innovation Grant, please view our Year 1 Progress Report.